1x run

May. 15th, 2015 11:45 pm
asimplechord: (Default)
[personal profile] asimplechord posting in [community profile] writteninsweat
Date: 15May

Distance: 9.2 miles

Notes: I've run other distances other days this week, but tomorrow's an off day, and the half-marathon is Sunday. WISH ME LUCK. I'm aiming for somewhere between 1:50 and 1:55. And then I'm not running at all on Monday, oh my god.

1. Are you done with hockey if your team is out, or do you pick another team to back temporarily? How, if you do?

2. With the Otters' elimination by Oshawa, McJesus is done with the CHL. Do y'all think Dylan Strome (or Ivan Provorov or Noah Hanifin or Lawson Crouse) is too, or will he spend some of next season developing more in the OHL/WHL/QMJHL/USHL/NCAA before whatever team drafts him calls him up?

3. Is there a pairing that used to be your NOTP that now isn't quite so no?

Date: 2015-05-16 01:22 pm (UTC)
From: [personal profile] maunnier
Best of luck! I'm sure you'll do great and do take a well-deserved break afterwards! :)

1. I was hoping I could cheer for the Caps after the Habs were eliminated, but alas, it was not meant to be. Maybe I'll cheer /against/ the Rangers because they're responsible for ending the playoff hopes of all my Eastern teams (schadenfreude, yknow). Also, losing in the SCF two years in a row is the type of pain that justifies all the pain they've inflicted on my teams (and me).

2. I think it depends on whether or not the prospects from prior years are ready for the NHL. It would be understandable to send Stromer back to captain the Otters and play first line minutes before making the jump, though I'm sure he'll get the first few games to prove himself. I'm guessing Noah will be sent back too, simply because d-men take longer to develop (Ekblads are a rare species!) as with Lawson and the rest.

3. Grilled Cheeseby. And then I read the AU where Sid was an executive assistant and Claude was a sassy tech support.

Date: 2015-05-16 09:26 pm (UTC)
teshumai: luke skywalker and wedge antilles in black and white (Default)
From: [personal profile] teshumai
1) So I'm not sure if I'm qualified to answer this because I've never been in a situation where no team that I liked made the playoffs (I have a bunch of team I like which are ranked by most loyalty to least and it makes it easier if one doesn't make it to just root for another). But once they are all eventually out (if they are all eventually out (go bolts go)) I usually start looking for teams with individuals I like. For example, this year I am rooting for the Hawks in the west because I want Kimmo Timmomen to get a cup (and a little because of Richards but mostly because I'm salty all the hawks fans forget he's already won a cup with Tampa). But I'm only rooting for them in the event that the Lightning don't make it out of the ECF and they do, because Lightning are my number 2 team. And if it's rangers/hawks I'm going to cry about my Richards/St. Louis feelings all over the internet.

But anyways back to the question, in the event my team goes out I root for a person I like. They've usually been traded from a team I like (see Timmomen and Richards) but Darlings story got me rooting for him too so it doesn't have to be a guy from my team (I'm just already attached to him so it's easier).

3) I realized I actually have one of these. I used to really not like Geno/Sid. Partially because I wanted friendly rivalry Ovi/Sid and partially because the stories that were popular at the time were mostly SpaceToasterSid and PerfectBoyfriendGeno (who was also a doormat) and I hated that dynamic. Since that time Sid has become more AwkwardHumanSid and Geno has been allowed a spine and I really like them now.
Edited Date: 2015-05-16 09:42 pm (UTC)

Date: 2015-05-17 02:40 am (UTC)
pleasance: (There)
From: [personal profile] pleasance
1. With the Pens out of the running, I've been tuning in only to see who is winning and advancing, though I'm starting to get very interest in seeing the Ducks take on the Hawks - lots of star power on both teams.

3. It's hard for me to get incepted since I get hardcore into my OTPs, so I don't often venture far from them unless something is so well written that you can't help enjoy the story for what it is.

Date: 2015-05-17 07:56 pm (UTC)
ionthesparrow: (Default)
From: [personal profile] ionthesparrow
house full of guests today, and no time to write, but THINKING OF YOU TODAY HOPE YOUR RUN WAS AWESOME. fills soon!

Date: 2015-05-19 05:25 am (UTC)
ionthesparrow: (Default)
From: [personal profile] ionthesparrow
Ugh - out and back courses are my least favorite. But that is a baller time, and you should be proud :)

Profile

give sweat, get words

September 2015

S M T W T F S
   12345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
27282930   

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Oct. 19th, 2026 09:20 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios