2x run

Apr. 29th, 2015 07:17 am
asimplechord: (Default)
[personal profile] asimplechord posting in [community profile] writteninsweat
Date: 27, 28 April

Mileage: 6.2 x 2

Notes: One run was outside, a leisurely morning run around the park. But I'm terrible about gauging my pace when I'm running on my own, so the second one was at the gym on a treadmill, where I set the speed and then increased it incrementally at each mile. Which seems to be working for increasing my general pace overall? Ugh. 19 days til the half-marathon.


1. Worlds predictions?

2. Tell me about Auston Matthews and Jack Eichel playing with NHLers for Team USA.

3. Oh man. Last night's Soo v Erie game. Nurse v McDavid. What's your opinion on the mentality required for their teammate/opponent/future teammate interactions?

Date: 2015-04-30 04:23 am (UTC)
ionthesparrow: (Default)
From: [personal profile] ionthesparrow
I have a hard time taking the World Championships seriously, but I AM excited to see Eichel and Matthews play with real-live names I recognize. (Is it too early to get excited about Matthews? Never). In real-world hockey life, I like to watch and see who can keep up (one of the only real reasons, imo, to go to preseason games is to watch the baby rookies find their sea legs for the first time. I got to watch Valentin Zykov the first time he wore a Kings sweater in a game situation, and watch him go from: HOLY SHIT TOTALLY OVERWHELMED to "hey, maybe I can do this" in the span of an hour, which, <333333

So hopefully we will get to see some of that :)

Fannishly... I am here for ALL the stories about bright-eyed kids meeting their heroes and having bashful crushes and the like. Always. Have you heard about the Team USA fic exchange? (more info: here). I am definitely signing up. Just as soon as I figure out what I want/want to write :)))

And Nurse v McDavid! I am jealous you are watching, with work being so nuts, I am barely keeping up with NHL playoffs. I bet it's awesome.

And you are going to ROCK this race. Totally.

Profile

give sweat, get words

September 2015

S M T W T F S
   12345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
27282930   

Page Summary

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Aug. 28th, 2026 05:08 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios